Juggling a Busy Life

Saturday, February 18, 2006

BRRRRRR!!!!!!

We are in the firm grips of a cold snap, very cold! Talking a high of ZERO! Yesterday the cycling team did the annual fundraiser for Safe Kids Coalition to put lids on kids and purchase car seats. I was out there for about 3 1/2 hours in the cold, with wind chills -10F. It was a lot of fun and we came close to hitting our goal of $1000. People were pretty generous, giving what they had as well as bringing us coffee and hot chocolate. When I got home I was still shivering so bad that I could not control it. My toes had a bit of frost bite, one blister from the cold. It took about 1 - 1 1/2 hours for me to regain circulation in my toes enough to feel them. I had purchased some thermal booties at a swap show earlier this year to wear for the cold, but they tore out the first time I tried them on, real great quality! One of the biggest problems was food. I did not get a chance to eat much before hand so I got nailed with a horrible migraine afterwards. I really did not eat much the whole night, but was finally able to shake the migraine. The new bike worked like a charm! It was very comfortable and I did not even realize I was on the trainer for that long of time.

Next week is 2 exams, which I really need to study more, but just cannot find the motivation to do so. It's been hard knowing school is almost out. I am looking at what books to get to help me study for the NCLEX, and getting all my ducks in a row to submit all the paperwork needed to take the boards. Both exams should not be all that bad; I have been to class and have done the readings, so that should help a lot.

Well I have to give a huge shout out to my mom Chris, just when I thought spring break was dead in the water she came up with the money to send me! That is so cool; since I have not been any where for any kind of trip other then to a few states around Wisconsin (does Iowa count as a state or a trip?). Bryson City, N.C. is where we will be heading for spring break, a 16 hour car ride! My wife is pretty excited about my getting to go as well, which makes it a lot easier to leave. The idea of leaving the wife and kids for 10 days may appeal to a lot of people, but seeing that I have never been away from them before it will be kind of tough. She says it won't be a problem and things will be alright. I owe her big time!!!

Racing season kicks off next weekend in Indiana, my first race in many, many years. I am hoping things will go well. Not sure what I am going to race, C's or B's. Don’t want to get blown out of the water, but also don’t want the crazy newbie’s taking me down in a crash.

Tomorrow the Tour of California starts, it’s gong to be pretty cool. Lots of top pros will be racing here in the states. We even have a former team member racing with Team Jelly Belly, Nick Reistad. I have gotten to talk with him a few times, a very cool guy. I wish him all the luck.

Hopefully it warms up soon, winter needs to be over!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home